- Some of your things belonged to someone who gave them to you. What was the occasion?
- Some things you inherited. Who had them before you? Why do you have them now?
- Some things you purchased. Are any souvenirs? Where are they from? When did you buy them ?
- Some things belong to someone else. Do they want them? Can you sell or give them away? Should they go to someone special?
- Some things have documentation and/or photos that go with them. Do you know where they are?
- Family photos – can you identify the people? Write the names and the occasion on the back.
Worksheet for telling the stories of your stuff
Manifesto # 1 – You need to be going through your stuff.
Manifesto # 2 – Sorting is therapy.
Manifesto # 4 – Be kind to yourself… ” No shame – no blame”
Manifesto # 5 – Some people will be unhappy.
Manifesto # 6 – “Fairness” varies.
Manifesto # 7 – It’s Yours, not theirs.