- Every item has a history for you.
- This is an opportunity to let things go.
- You re-frame memories in ways that serve you better.
- Use items as “writing prompts” and write a memoir.
- Are there people whom you need to forgive? Even people who are no longer living? Write them letters in your journal. You can later tear them up…or keep them.
Manifesto # 1 – You need to be going through your stuff
Manifesto # 3 – Everything has a story to tell
Manifesto # 4 – Be kind to yourself…no shame – no blame
Manifesto # 5 – Some people will be unhappy
Manifesto # 6 – ” Fairness” varies
Manifesto # 7 – It’s your’s, not their’s