- As hard as it may seem to get started and stay with it, you need to do it.
- If you’re the one making the decisions, it will be less stressful for you in the future.
- Your family members may make rash decisions about your personal possessions if they are faced with a crisis and not know your wishes.
- Your family members may not realize the significance of items unless you tell them and/or write it down.
- If you break the job down into smaller chunks it will be less overwhelming.
Manifesto # 2 – Sorting is therapy
Manifesto # 3 – Everything has a story to tell
Manifesto # 4 – Be kind to yourself…no shame – no blame
Manifesto # 5 – some people will be unhappy
Manifesto # 6 – “Fairness” varies
Manifesto # 7 – It’s your’s, not their’s